Morbi tincidunt, dui sit amet facilisis feugiat, odio metus gravida ante, ut pharetra massa metus id nunc. Duis scelerisque molestie turpis. Sed fringilla, massa eget luctus malesuada, metus eros molestie lectus, ut tempus eros massa ut dolor. Aenean aliquet fringilla sem. Suspendisse sed ligula in ligula suscipit aliquam. Praesent in eros vestibulum mi adipiscing adipiscing. Morbi facilisis. Curabitur ornare consequat nunc. Aenean vel metus. Ut posuere viverra nulla. Aliquam erat volutpat. Pellentesque convallis. Maecenas feugiat, tellus pellentesque pretium posuere, felis lorem euismod felis, eu ornare leo nisi vel felis. Mauris consectetur tortor et purus.
The good location and wonderful nature of Bansko brought inhabitants to the region since ancient times. Numerous archaelogical sites in the community reveal ruins of ancient strongholds, Thracian funeral mounds, churches from the late Medieval ages. The first document pointing Bansko as a village comes from a Turkish register in 1576. Up until the 18-th century local people were mostly cattle-breeders and artisans, relying on the vast grazing pastures and deep forests. But during the Bulgarian Revival Bansko already transformed into a trade and craft based town with many fulling mills, water mills and lumber mills along river Glazne.
Its enterprising citizens developed trade contacts with towns and cities from the Aegean, as well as Central and Western Europe. Caravans with goods moved in both directions and many European cities accomodated trade offices of Bankso merchants. The kids of rich families got educated abroad.
Enhanced contacts with the Western world ever since 15-th century stimulate national self-conscience and turn Bankso into one of the centers of Bulgarian National Revival. Bansko is the birthplace of Saint Paisius of Hilendar (1722-1773), a patriotic monk who wrote Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya – a key book for early Bulgarian history. Here is also the home (now museum) of Nikola Yonkov Vaptsarov – one of Bulgaria's biggest poets. Bansko is the birthplace of many prominent Bulgarian scholars, such as Neofit Rilski, Toma Hadjiikonomov – Molera, Marko Vezniov and many others.
In 1838 in the church yard is opened a monastery school, which in 1847 grows to a modern secular school. Around 1850 the Bansko municipality is established and it build a new school building and starts distributing Revival newspapers and books. During the 60-ies and 70-ies of 19-th century the Bulgarian municipality in Bansko takes the lead againt Greek church authorities and fights for religious independence and development of education in Bulgarian language. Later, the municipality aids the victims of brutally smashed Kresna-Razlog Uprising and Ilinden Uprising, revolting against the Ottoman Empire and the unfair to Bulgaria Congress of Berlin (1878). The final liberation of the region from Ottoman presence comes in 1912.
"History". Banskoski.com. N.p., 2014. Web. 30 Mar. 2016.